If you are interested in learning how to uncover the truth about the profitability and valuation of stocks, the first place I would tell you to go is the New Constructs Help section. We have put a lot of work into simplifying and boiling down the concepts behind and the process of uncovering the truth about profitability and valuation. Learn how to calculate NOPAT, Invested Capital, WACC, ROIC, Free Cash Flow, EVA and Economic Profit/earnings and perform rigorous stock analysis yourself.
The Methodology Section gives you the inside-scoop on how to uncover the truth. For example, see
- List of Problems with the Old Construct for equity research
- Learn the differences between accounting earnings and economic earnings
- Learn the dangers of using P/E multiples
- Understand why the distinctions between growth and value investing styles are misleading
- Understand why cash is king and how to value stocks as Warren Buffet does
And much more on how to perform rigorous stock analysis yourself.
The Glossary Section provides detailed definitions of important finance terms such as NOPAT, NOPAT MARGIN, Invested Capital, etc. For example, see:
- NOPAT calculation and definition (NOPAT stands for Net Operating Profit After Tax)
- NOPAT Margin
- Invested Capital calculation and definition
- Invested Capital Turns
- WACC calculation and definition (WACC stands for Weighted-Average Cost of Capital)
- ROIC calculation and definition (ROIC stands for Return on Invested Capital)
- Economic Profit/earnings calculation and definition (note EVA is same as Economic Profit)
- Free Cash Flow
The MaxVal Section explains how our profit and valuation models work.
The MaxStrategy Section explains how to use our database of proprietary profitability and valuation stats.